[Numpy-discussion] how to get data out of an object array in pyrex?

Jeff Whitaker jswhit at fastmail.fm
Sun Feb 5 07:57:03 EST 2006

Hi:  I've successfully used the examples at
http://www.scipy.org/Wiki/Cookbook/Pyrex_and_NumPy to access the data in
a 'normal' numpy array, but have had no success adapting these examples
to work with object arrays.  I understand that the .data attribute holds
pointers to the objects which actually contain the data in an object
array, but how do you use those pointers to get the data in C/pyrex?

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone  : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist               FAX    : (303)497-6449
NOAA/OAR/PSD  R/PSD1        Email  : Jeffrey.S.Whitaker at noaa.gov
325 Broadway                Office : Skaggs Research Cntr 1D-124
Boulder, CO, USA 80303-3328 Web    : http://tinyurl.com/5telg