[Numpy-discussion] Problems compiling on Cygwin

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Feb 17 03:50:10 EST 2006

Jose Gomez-Dans wrote:

>Hi!
>Yesterday I posted on the scipy mailing list that I could not compile NumPy on
>Cygwin. I would like to provide some more information on what the problems are,
>as I would really like to be able to use it on Cygwin.

I looked in to how people at cygwin ports got the IEEE math stuff done.
They borrowed it from BSD basically.  So, I've taken their patch and
placed it in the main tree.

Jose, could you check out the latest SVN version of numpy and try to
build and install it on cygwin to see if I made the right changes?

-Travis