[Numpy-discussion] compressed method in doc

manouchk manouchk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 07:19:05 EST 2006

Hi,

First of all, I'm quite new to python and numpy (maybe to new!)... I was
loooking for a convenient way to convert a (1D) masked array to a numeric
array which only contain the not masked values.
I spent several hours to figure out that the method "compressed" was the exact
thing I was looking for!

So I'm wondering what is the common way to find the right method (if there is)
for a beginner ? Look at help of all methods (using completion to find all
methods with tab key)? I hope the question is not too much basic for numpy
mailing-list!

Emmanuel