[Numpy-discussion] NumPy Glossary: a request for review

Sasha ndarray at mac.com
Fri Feb 10 21:31:02 EST 2006

On 2/11/06, Gary Ruben <gruben at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Stride isn't the distance in bytes is it?  Isn't it just the index
> increment or alternatively the distance in terms of the multiplier of
> the word length of the contained type.

Unfortunately it is in bytes and Travis convinced me that there is no
way to change it.

> Also, a slight typo: concecutive -> consecutive.

I've changed that.  In the future, please just edit the wiki for
obvious misspellings.  Spell check does not work for me on that wiki
and English is not my first language, so any spelling/grammar
corrections are more than welcome.

> Record
>        A composite element of an array similar to C struct.
>
> This implies that you can contain different types in a record, which I
> think is only true if you have an object array.

Record arrays is a new feature in numpy.  I think what I wrote is
correct, but this entry will definitely benefit from a review by
someone familiar with record arrays since I am not.