[Numpy-discussion] NumPy Glossary: a request for review

Gary Ruben gruben at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 10 21:04:02 EST 2006

Hi Sasha,
A couple of points:

Stride
       The distance (in bytes) between the two concecutive elements
along an axis.

Stride isn't the distance in bytes is it?  Isn't it just the index
increment or alternatively the distance in terms of the multiplier of
the word length of the contained type. Also, a slight typo: concecutive
-> consecutive.

Record
       A composite element of an array similar to C struct.

This implies that you can contain different types in a record, which I
think is only true if you have an object array.

Everything else looks OK.

Gary R.