[Numpy-discussion] newbie: attempt at data frame

Vincent Nijs v-nijs at kellogg.northwestern.edu
Thu Dec 28 14:40:12 EST 2006

Thanks for the input Eike.

I will add load and store methods to Pickle/UnPickle the object. I have got
to get the data into the class first however from an ascii file (txt or
csv).

I'd like to read the data and variable names directly from a single csv
file. I tried this through the python csv module but it would read all data
as strings and I couldn't figure out how to easily separate the variable
names and the data. I you have any suggestion on how I might do this please
let me know.

Unfortunately I don't know what a 'set' method is or would do :) Could you
point to an example perhaps.

I like your ideas for extending the class. I'll look into that when I get
the basic class working.

Best,

Vincent