[Numpy-discussion] Unexpected output using numpy.ndarray and__radd__

Mark Hoffmann Mark.Hoffmann at dk.manbw.com
Mon Dec 18 07:29:57 EST 2006

I appreciate the answer and the solution suggestion. I see that it is possible to make a work around by subclassing from ndarray. Still, in the "print a+c" statement, I don't understand why a.__add__(c) doesn't return NotImplemented (because ndarray shouldn't recognize the Cyclehist class) and directly call c.__radd__(a) implemented in my Cyclehist class. I tried the exactly same programme using Python 2.4.1 and Scipy 0.3.2 (based on numeric/numarray) and the result of the "print a+c" didn't get nested as I expect.

Regards,
Mark