[Numpy-discussion] bare bones numpy extension code

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Fri Dec 1 04:54:36 EST 2006

A Dijous 30 Novembre 2006 20:14, John Hunter escrigué:
> A colleague of mine wants to write some numpy extension code.  I
> pointed him to lots of examples in the matplotlib src dir, but the
> build environment is more complicated than he needs with all the
> numpy/numeric/numarray switches, etc.  Does someone have the basic
> "hello world" of numpy extensions that includes src code and a basic
> setup.py that I can pass on to him.  It might be nice to include
> something like that in a numpy "examples" directory.

Hi,

In case your colleague is going to use Pyrex to do her extensions
(which I do recommend, specially for naive users), you can find some
simple but nice examples in the numpy/doc/pyrex/ directory of the
NumPy distribution.

Also interesting for beginners is:

http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Pyrex_and_NumPy

HTH,