[Numpy-discussion] Deleting a row from a matrix

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Aug 25 19:16:09 EDT 2006

Sebastian Haase wrote:

>>> Sure, it makes sense to parallel the delete function.
>>>
>> Although there is already and insert function present in numpy....
>>
>> -Travis
>>

> Yeah - I saw that ...
> maybe one could introduce consistent namings like
> arr.copy_insert()
> arr.copy_delete()
> arr.copy_append()

I've come up with adding the functions (not methods at this point)

deletefrom
insertinto

appendto  (syntatic sugar for concatenate but with a separate argument
for the array and the extra stuff) --- is this needed?

These functions will operate along a particular axis (default is axis=0
to match concatenate).

Comments?

-Travis