[Numpy-discussion] Segmentation Fault with Numeric 24.2 on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (8.7.0)

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 14 19:40:31 EDT 2006

Daran L. Rife wrote:
> I tried your suggestion of installing and running the pre-built
> packages at <http://www.pythonmac.org/packages/py24-fat/>. I am
> sorry to report that the pre-built MacPython and Numeric 24.2
> package did not work. I get the same "Segmentation Fault" that
> I got when I built Python 2.4.3 and Numeric 24.2 from source.

Darn. My few simple tests all work. If you can figure out which
functions are failing, and make a small sample that fails, post it here
and to the python-mac list. There are some smart folks there that might
be able to help.

> As a last resort, I may build ATLAS and LAPACK from source,
> then build Numeric 23.8 against these, and try installing
> this into MacPython. I hate having to try this, but I cannot
> do any development without a functioning Python and Numeric.

However, it might be easier to port to numpy that do all that. And
you'll definitely get more help solving any problems you have with numpy.

good luck.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov