[Numpy-discussion] crush!!!!

Sasha ndarray at mac.com
Wed Apr 26 18:15:04 EDT 2006

Numeric computes by calling lapack's dgeev subroutine.  Depending on
installation Numeric may either use its own subset of lapack
(translated from Fortran to C) or link to the system supplied Lapack
libraries.  It is possible that there is a bug in your system's lapack
libraries. Some lapack bugs related to extended precision calculations
were reported recently.  What you observe is unlikely to be a Numeric
bug.  Note, however that Numeric is no longer actively supported.  If
you can reproduce the same problem with numpy, it will likely to get
more attention.  Also you have to give us some means to reproduce your
matrix a if you expect more than a general advise.