[Numpy-discussion] Toward release 1.0 of NumPy

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 16:32:01 EDT 2006

Hi,

On 4/13/06, Alan G Isaac <aisaac at american.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Tim Hochberg apparently wrote:
> > Here's what kron does as present:
>
> As possible context:
> http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/kron.html#998881
> http://www.aptech.com/pdf_man/basicgauss.pdf p.69
> In this sense, the 2-d handling is not surprising.

Yep, that is what the little python routine I gave above does. Note that in
these cases only matrices are involved. Matlab, for instance, defines
vectors as (1,n) or (n,1), which is actually helpful in minding the
distinction between a vector space and its dual. I don't know how the numpy
matrix package works, but the vectors of rank 1 are going to be a constant
source of ambiguity.

Cheers,
> Alan Isaac

Chuck