[Numpy-discussion] Toward release 1.0 of NumPy

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Wed Apr 12 17:04:05 EDT 2006

The next release of NumPy will be 0.9.8

Before this release is made,  I want to make sure the following tickets
are implemented

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/54
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/55
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/56

Once 0.9.8 is out, I'd like to name the next release NumPy 1.0 Release
Candidate 1 and have a series of release candidates so that hopefully by
SciPy 2006 conference, NumPy 1.0 is out.   This also dove-tails nicely
with the Python 2.5 release schedule so that NumPy 1.0 should work with
Python 2.5 and be fully 64-bit capable for handling very-large arrays.

The recent discussions and bug-reports have been very helpful.  If you
have found a bug, please report it on the Trac pages so that we don't
lose sight of it.

Report bugs by "submitting a ticket" here:

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/newticket

-Travis