[Numpy-discussion] NumPy documentation

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 00:27:02 EDT 2006

Travis,

On 4/4/06, Travis Oliphant <oliphant at ee.byu.edu> wrote:

> I received a rather hurtful email today that was very discouraging to me
> personally.  Basically, I was called "lame" and a "wolf" in sheep's
> clothing because I'm charging for documentation.

<snip>

Geez, what's with that. There are any number of "real" books out on python,
I don't hear folks bitching. I think it's wonderful that we have such a good
reference. I mean, look at numarray 8) I spent the money for your book and
it didn't hurt a bit and was well worth the cost. Anyone who has tried to
write extensive documentation on a big project knows how much work it takes,
it isn't easy. Thanks for taking the time and sweat to do so.

Chuck