[Numpy-discussion] Re: Vote: complex64 vs complex128

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 22:41:02 EDT 2006

Sebastian Haase wrote:
> Hi,
> Could we start another poll on this !?

Please, let's leave voting as a method of last resort.

> I think I would vote
> +1  for complex32 & complex64  mostly just because of "that's what I'm
> used to"
>
> But I'm curious to hear what others "know to be in use" - e.g. Matlab or
> IDL !

On the merits of the issue, I like the new scheme better. For whatever reason, I
tend to remember it when coding. With Numeric, I would frequently second-guess
myself and go to the prompt and tab-complete to look at all of the options and
reason out the one I wanted.

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com