[Numpy-discussion] extension to xrange for numpy

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sat Apr 1 09:09:06 EST 2006

Dear numpy enthusiasts,

one python command which is extremely useful in 1D situations
is `xrange`. However, for higher dimensional
settings we strongly lack the commands `yrange` and `zrange`.
These could be shorthands for the corresponding
constructs with `:,NewAxis` added.

Any comments, suggestion and even implementations are very welcome,

Arnd

P.S.: What I am not sure about is the right command for
the 4-dimensional case - which letter should be used after the "z"?
(it seems that "a" would be a very natural choice...)