[Numpy-discussion] Piecewise functions.

Andrea Riciputi ariciputi at pito.com
Fri Sep 23 09:58:08 EDT 2005

On Sep 23, 2005, at 1:24 PM, Paulo J. S. Silva wrote:

> Here is a slightly different solution, that is easier to my eyes and
> that can handle arguments in arbitrary order.
>
> It requires numarray (as it uses array indexing). If I understand well

> [snip]

Thanks,
it is exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I'm using Numeric,
and I won't switch to numarray only for these feature; small arrays
are too frequent in my applications. Anyway the method proposed by
Gerard Vermeulen works too (thanks a lot Gerard!), and I'll stay with
it, at least until Numeric3 won't be ready for the root-mean-square
users. ;-)

Cheers,
  Andrea.