[Numpy-discussion] Piecewise functions.

Andrea Riciputi ariciputi at pito.com
Thu Sep 22 14:26:48 EDT 2005

I've already tried something like this, but it doesn't work since f1
and f2 return not valid values outside the range over they are
defined. Perhaps an example could clarify; suppose that f1(x) = 1./
sqrt(1 - x**2) for x <= 1, and f2(x) = 1./sqrt(x**2 - 1) for x > 1.

Your suggestion, as the other I've tried, fails with a
"OverflowError: math range error".

Any helps?
  Andrea.