[Numpy-discussion] Re: compilation error on OSX 10.4

Curzio Basso curzio.basso at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 09:49:01 EST 2005

> I should correct myself: on Gentoo it compiles but I have version 1.3.1.

First of all, compilation fails also on Gentoo with version 1.4.1.

Second, I can reproduce the result trying to compile the following code:
--------------
#include <Python.h>
#include "numarray/libnumarray.h"

int main() {
  return 0;
}
Compiling the above code as C++, I get the error already reported,
while compiling as C works fine. The reason is that at line 27 in
nummacro.h the C++ keyword "operator" is used. Would it be possible to
replace it with something else? like "operator_"? By the way, using

extern "C" {...}

does not help.

cheers
curzio