[Numpy-discussion] BUG!

Sune Rastad Bahn bahn at atomistix.com
Thu Nov 10 03:07:49 EST 2005

Dear devs,

Thanks a lot for a very nice and extremely useful python module.
I recommend all my colleagues to try you package whenever they ask for a
matlab like environment. This week one of these friends came by me and showed
me a bug in RandomArray.

try the following

python -c "from RandomArray import *;
seed(1874764637, 1152239787);print randint(0,1000)"

and notice how the result is the upper limit (1000)
even though the documentation clearly states that the number should be
strictly below 1000.

My guess is that this is an issue with the underlying ranlib library, but
perhaps someone can clarify?

best,
Sune

--