[Numpy-discussion] Numeric3 compilation errors on OS X

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Mon Mar 21 16:17:04 EST 2005

John Gleeson wrote:

> I get the following errors when building the extensions for Numeric3
> on OS X 10.3.8  (with PatherPythonFix installed):
>
> Src/arrayobject.c:2538: error: conflicting types for `_swap_axes'
> Src/arrayobject.c:1170: error: previous declaration of `_swap_axes'
>
> This is for arrayobject.c  v. 1.61.
>
> Any ideas?

The current code base (as of Saturday) is in flux as I add the new
methods to the array type.  If you want something more stable check out
the version that was available Friday night.

The CVS code is not guaranteed to compile all the time.  This will be
true for at least another week or so.   I use CVS to store incremental
changes during times like this so it can be in a state that can not be
compiled for a few days.

-Travis