[Numpy-discussion] ScientificPython with numarray support

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Fri Jan 14 15:24:08 EST 2005

On Thursday 13 January 2005 05:42 am, konrad.hinsen at laposte.net wrote:
> A development release of Scientific Python that supports numarray as an
> alternative to NumPy

Hi Konrad,
This is great news !

In the readme it says:
"""
Note that this is a new feature and not very well tested. Feedback is welcome.
Note also that the modules

  Scientific.Functions.Derivatives
  Scientific.Functions.FirstDerivatives
  Scientific.Functions.LeastSquares

do not work correctly with numarray because they rely on a feature of
Numeric that is missing in current numarray releases.
"""

I'm just curious what the missing feature is.

The LeastSquare-fit is exactly what I'm interested in, since I couldn't find
something similar anywhere else (like: It's not in SciPy, right?)

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase