[Numpy-discussion] Problems with installation of version 23.3

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Mon Sep 27 14:08:12 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 05:06, Nadav Horesh wrote:

> I have this file (cblas.h) as a part of ATLAS installation

A quick 'diff' of setup.py from Numeric 23.1 and 23.3 shows that the
latter is set up to build against ATLAS by default, while the former is
not.  In any event, what does 'locate cblas.h' return when executed from
a shell prompt on your system?  Put the directory containing this file
into the include_dirs list of setup.py.  On my system, I had to change
library_dirs to ['/usr/local/lib/atlas'] and include_dirs to
['/usr/local/include/atlas'] to build 23.3.  (I manually copied the
contents of ATLAS/include to /usr/local/include/atlas.)

--
Stephen Walton <stephen.walton at csun.edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Northridge