[Numpy-discussion] Using new numeric instances in NumArray and RecArray.

Ivan Vilata i Balaguer ivilata at carabos.com
Mon Dec 13 13:58:19 EST 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 11:48:23AM -0500, Todd Miller wrote:
> [...]
> I think the system is simply not designed for that.  For what you want,
> I think Int32 would need to be a class, not an instance, so that it
> could be subclassed while retaining a relatively simple C
> implementation.  As you noted,  the C infrastructure works using a type
> mapping table which maps type *instances* onto type numbers, so it won't
> work as it is now.

  Uh, what a pity.  I thougth that creating new instances with
  IntegralType and FloatingType would be more useful.  I will try with
  subclassing NumArray and RecArray as I was discussing with Colin.

  Thanks a lot for your help and useful information.  Regards,
      Ivan

--
Ivan Vilata i Balaguer   >qo<   http://www.carabos.com/
       Cárabos Coop. V.  V  V   Enjoy Data