[Numpy-discussion] array sort questions

CL WU anewgene at hotpop.com
Wed Sep 17 13:03:03 EDT 2003

Hi, group,
          I am new to numpy. I have 2 questions for array sort.

1. How to sort an array by its one column or one row?
    I know python build-in sort() can do it for list by passing own cmp
function. but array function sort() will sort each column or row
seperately,as I know. I don't want to convert array to list to sort and
then convert back to array.

2. How to get the rank of a rank-0 array? The first "rank" means the
order of each element after sorting, instead of the "dimension" meaning
in numpy.     Just like "rank()" function in splus.

Thank you

Chunlei