[Numpy-discussion] how-to "put" RAM-based numarray into memmap

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Fri Nov 21 09:10:05 EST 2003

Hi,
Suppose I have a 500MB-ram Computer and a 300MB ram-only (standard)
numarray.
Now I would like to "save" that onto harddrive (with a small header up
front - which I know how to do as a memmap record)
Can I somehow "append" a (standard) numarray to a memmap "as a memmap-slice"
?

I obviously could create the corresponding memslice fresh and then assign
the original data elementwise - but that would allocate extra (virtual)
memory...

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase