[Numpy-discussion] typecodes in numarray

Perry Greenfield perry at stsci.edu
Fri Jan 24 06:38:17 EST 2003

No, this sort of feedback is very valuable. We'll think about this a
bit, but I'd agree that consistency with Numeric codes is important. Some
of the history of the codes used by recarray arise from conventions
used in other software not related to Python or Numeric. But if
recarray is to be generic and used by others, we should hide, remove
or layer such conventions in a subclass. Let us think about how we should
do that.

Thanks, Perry