[Numpy-discussion] rank-0 arrays

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Sun Sep 15 03:17:01 EDT 2002

"Perry Greenfield" <perry at stsci.edu> writes:

> Is there any other compelling reason for new scalar types?

It solves the problem we are discussing (extracting array elements)
without introducing any incompatibility with existing code that uses
only the standard Python data types, and very little for code that
uses Float32 etc. I'd say it's the best compromise between
consistency and backwards compatibility.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr