[Numpy-discussion] dimensions of zero length

verveer at embl-heidelberg.de verveer at embl-heidelberg.de
Sun Nov 24 08:41:02 EST 2002

Hi all,

I noticed that in Numeric and in numarray it is possible to create arrays with
axes of zero length. For instance: zeros([1, 0]). There seems not be much
that can be done with them. What is the reason for their existence?

My real question is: When writing an extension in C, how to deal with such
arrays? Should I treat them as empty arrays, that do not have any data?

Cheers, Peter

--
Dr. Peter J. Verveer
Cell Biology and Cell Biophysics Programme
Email: Peter.Verveer at embl-heidelberg.de