[Numpy-discussion] NumPy on Mac OS 10.1.5

Thomas Biesinger biesingert at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 19 01:13:03 EDT 2002

Hi,

when I try to install NumPy on Mac OS X.1.5, it fails on this error:

cc -bundle -undefined suppress build/temp.darwin-5.5-Power Macintosh-
2.1/_numpymodule.o build/temp.darwin-5.5-Power Macintosh-2.1/
arrayobject.o build/temp.darwin-5.5-Power Macintosh-2.1/ufuncobject.o -
o build/lib.darwin-5.5-Power Macintosh-2.1/_numpy.so
/usr/bin/ld: -undefined error must be used when -twolevel_namespace is
in effect
error: command 'cc' failed with exit status 1
~/Python/Numeric-21.3 % cc
cc: No input files

I had thought to submit this to the developers section of the list
but could not find the way to subscribe to it ;-)

If somehow had a running version of NumPy with for Mac OSX
http://tony.lownds.com/macosx, I would appreciate it.

Thanks everyone for their help!

Regards,
Thomas