[Numpy-discussion] Non-numerical info associated with sub-arrays

Francesc Alted falted at openlc.org
Sat Dec 28 07:11:01 EST 2002

Mensaje citado por: Perry Greenfield <perry at stsci.edu>:
> Our RecordArrays were intended to map
> to data files closely, but other variants are certainly possible.

In fact, I'm thinking of adopting numarray for my pytables project, but I
don't like the fact that data is not natively aligned inside recarrays, i.e.
there is not a gap between the different fields even if datatypes doesn't
match the "native" architecture alignement. IMO this can affect very much to
the read/write efficency when one wants to work with data rows or columns of
recarrays objects.

Are there any plans to support this "natural" alignment in addition of the non-
alignment schema present right now?.

Francesc Alted