[Numpy-discussion] Fatal Python error: Unprotected floating point exception

Jean-Bernard Addor jbaddor at physics.mcgill.ca
Fri Nov 17 20:56:52 EST 2000

Hi Numpy people!

My nice numpy code generates very few Inf numbers, wich destroy the
results of my longer simulations. I was dreaming to have the processor
raising an interruption and python caching it to locate and understand
quickly why and how it is happening and correct the code.

I currently use Python 1.5.2 with Numeric 11 on debian linux 2 .

I made some very desappointing test with the module fpectl

The last result I got is:

Fatal Python error: Unprotected floating point exception
Abort

Do I have to understand that my Numpy is not compatible with fpectl?

Any idea if a more up to date Numpy would be compatible?

I find no info on:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy

Thanks for your help.

Jean-Bernard