[Numpy-discussion] RE: [Matrix-SIG] An Experiment in code-cleanup.

Paul F. Dubois dubois1 at llnl.gov
Mon Feb 7 19:22:45 EST 2000

Travis says that I don't necessarily endorse his goals but in fact I do,
strongly.

If I understand right he intends to make a CVS branch for this experiment
and that is fine with me.

The only goal I didn't quite understand was:

Addition of attributes so that different users can configure aspects of
the math behavior, to their hearts content.

In a world of reusable components the situation is complicated. I would not
like to support a dot-product routine, for example, if the user could turn
off any double precision behind my back. My needs for precision are local to
my algorithm.