[Numpy-discussion] Numpy doesn't build properly

Tony Seward anthony.seward at ieee.org
Sun Dec 17 11:06:44 EST 2000

Because the Numpy sub-packages use '#include "Numeric/arratobject.h", the
Numeric package will not build from scratch.  This may not matter if one
does a 'python setup_all.py install' as long as the base Numeric package is
installed before the sub-packages are built.  I don't think that this is
what setup_all.py does because the core setup.py is called with no
arguments.  In any case, I'm trying to build RPMs and the build and install
processes are seperated.

In order to build the packages seprately I am now putting a symbolic link in
each package's Include directory called Numeric that points to the Include
directory for the core package.  I would like to suggest that the core
header files be put in a directory 'Include/Numeric' rather than directly in
'Include'.  That way the header file locations more acurately mirror the way
that they are installed.

Tony