[Neuroimaging] two postdoc jobs in University of Maryland School of Medicine

Ze Wang redhatw at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 07:28:00 EDT 2021

Dear All,
       We are still collecting CVs for two postdoc positions, please
share the information with any potential candidates.  Thank you very
much!
Ze Wang

Two postdoc positions open in University of Maryland School of Medicine

A brief overview of our institute: UMSOM locates in the Inner Harbor
Area, which is the most beautiful and the safest part of Baltimore.
UMSOM is consistently growing in US News ranking (nearly one step up per
year from #42 in 2006 to #27 in 2020). The total funding increased by
74%. Our center: Center for Advanced Imaging Research (CAIR) was newly
launched in 2018. The number of faculty and the total amount of fundings
both nearly doubled in the past two years. In synchrony with the success
of both SOM and CAIR, my laboratory is also rapidly expanding with a
more than 2x increase of total funding since I started here 2.5 years
ago.

Positions open in my lab. Now, thanks to the new NIH fundings, we have
two positions open now in two different but related categories. We will
start to review CVs in Nov but the positions will be open until filled
by strong candidates.

We are looking for highly motivated postdoc research fellows in
neuroimaging data processing. We are particularly interested in machine
learning (including deep learning), time series analysis, and connectome
analysis. One position is immediately available from Nov 2021. Another
two will be available from Jan 2022 and we expect to finish this cycle
of recruiting by July 2022. These positions will be supported by R01
projects. Our overarching goals are to develop and evaluate deep
learning-based method and new resting state fMRI processing strategies.
Related projects ongoing in the lab include deep learning-based ASL
perfusion MRI processing, brain entropy and coherence mapping. The ideal
candidates should have method development experience in fMRI or
neuroimaging signal processing. Background in electrical engineering,
computer science, or mathematics is highly preferred. Python, Matlab
programming skills are required. Experience on multi-band fMRI data
processing is considered a plus.

Candidates for these positions are expected to have good communication
skills and have good writing skills. We are willing to provide
competitive salary.

Interested candidates should send CV and a brief introduction to Ze
Wang: ze.wang at som.umaryland.edu.

Information about Dr. Wang’s lab can be found in:

https://www.medschool.umaryland.edu/cair/Principal-Investigators/Ze-Wang-PhD/.