[Neuroimaging] change nifti header in nibabel

Ze Wang redhatw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 10:34:34 EDT 2021

Hi,   Does anyone know how to change the dimension of the nifti image
and save back to disk?   My nifti files should be a 4D image but my c++
code wrongly set the dimensionality to be 3 rather than 4.  The data
were saved correctly and can be read using mricron. Certainly, FSL and
SPM and nibabel can all only read the first volume.
I tried the following way to read the data using nibabel:
v=nib.load('file.nii.gz')
v.header['dim'][0]=4
dat=v.get_fdata()
But it still failed to read the 4D data.  My question is: 1. how to let
nibabel know that the updated header information should be used when
read data?  2. how to save the new header back to the file without

Thanks
Ze