[Neuroimaging] Transformation of images into common space

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 10:05:36 EDT 2020

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 1:04 PM Puzniak, Robert
<robert.puzniak at med.ovgu.de> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a following problem - I have 2 different 3D images (different images sizes, different voxel sizes, different order of axes; both have sform and qforms defined), and I would like to transform the in a way, that they will be stored in arrays of the same shapes, with matching voxel coordinates (so a given voxel in scanner space will have the same voxel coordinates). I suppose the affine transformations are a key here, but I'm unsure how to proceed. Any hints will be much appreciated.

I'm guessing you mean that the images are already in the same
world-space (they are already registered), and you want to resample
the images into the same voxel space?

Have a look at:
https://nipy.org/nibabel/reference/nibabel.processing.html#nibabel.processing.resample_from_to

Does it help?