[Neuroimaging] ANN: openneuro-py, a new app for downloading OpenNeuro datasets

Richard Höchenberger richard.hoechenberger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:32:56 EST 2020

Hello all,

many of you may know https://openneuro.org, the platform for sharing
neuroimaging and electrophysiological data.

I was experiencing a little bit of trouble downloading datasets with the
official openneuro-cli application, so I started my own app, named
openneuro-py.

openneuro-py is a command line tool that allows one to retrieve OpenNeuro
datasets. You can restrict downloading to only a subset of files or
directories, or exclude specific items from the download if you wish.
Interrupted downloads may be resumed at a later time.

You can find installation and usage instructions, and of course the source
code, at https://github.com/hoechenberger/openneuro-py

This project is literally just two days old, so there are probably bugs and
missing features. However, I think it could already be of use to some of
you. I'd love to hear your feedback! Either open an issue on the GitHub
page, or drop me an email. And if you feel like contributing – go ahead,
that would be awesome!

Enjoy,
and stay healthy!

   Richard