[Neuroimaging] Nilearn 0.5 beta release

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Wed Oct 17 13:36:02 EDT 2018

Hi Pythonista,

We have just release Nilearn 0.5 beta:
http://nilearn.github.io/whats_new.html
The highlight is off course the interactive plotting:
http://nilearn.github.io/plotting/index.html#interactive-plots
though I do hope that it will change soon for lighter plots that have
better controlled aesthetics thanks to a pull request by Pierre Bellec:
https://github.com/nilearn/nilearn/pull/1766

Thanks a lot to everyone involved, and in particular to Kshitij for hard
work assembling the release.

This is still a beta, which means that it is not installed on users'
computers if they don't use the '--pre' switch to pip. I don't want this
to last long, and I really hope that we should be able to release the
final soon, with the restyled interactive plots.

In the mean time, feedback welcomed! (as issues on the tracker),

Gaël