[Neuroimaging] Use of atlas to compute Z-Scores

Christophe Pallier christophe at pallier.org
Mon Feb 12 06:13:10 EST 2018

you can use

`nilearn.input_data.NiftiLabelsMasker`

to extract the data, then it is only a matter of computing the z score
using your subject's average value in each ROI, and the corresponding mean
and std in the control group.

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Gabriel Reynés <greynell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am a newbie in neuroimaging, I have some previous experience with SPM
> but all self-taught, now I am trying to introduce myself to nipy and
> nilearn to decrease as maximum the use of MATLAB.
>
> I explain my problem. I have one brain (SPECT) image from a single patient
> and I want to compare it to a set of normal patients. Both, single patient
> and normal patients are registered and normalized to an SPM template.
>
> I also have a registered brain atlas (AAL Atlas). I want to compute the
> Z-Scores (patient vs normals) of each region of the atlas.
>
> I am not able to use all atlas related function to solve this problem. I
> searched throw all the manuals but I did not see any similar situation.
> Which is the simplest procedure?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Gabriel

Christophe Pallier <christophe at pallier.org>
INSERM-CEA Cognitive Neuroimaging Lab, Neurospin, bat 145,
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, France
Tel: 00 33 1 69 08 79 34
Personal web site: http://www.pallier.org
Lab web site: http://www.unicog.org