[Neuroimaging] Save file as .img

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 10:17:18 EDT 2018

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 2:20 PM, Christopher Markiewicz
<markiewicz at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Hi Smail,
>

> There isn't enough information to answer your question, here. What sort of data is in your matrix, and what do you typically use .img files for? Are there associated .hdr files? If not, you're unlikely to be using neuroimages, and I'm not sure we will be very useful to you on the neuroimaging mailing list. If so, could you give a demonstration of how you're constructing your matrix? For instance,
>

>     import nibabel as nb
>
>     img = nib.load('input.img')
>
>     data_matrix = some_function(img.get_fdata())
>

> Also, this is a pretty broad set of mailing lists that you're cross-posting to. I would suggest you try to limit your posts specifically to the relevant mailing list(s).

Yes, right.

If I had to guess, I would guess that you don't mean a 'disk image
file' (which is a Mac installation format), but you might mean
something like an Analyze or NIfTI image (neuroimaging formats which
also have an .img extension).   We really do need more information
about what you're trying to do.

Cheers,

Matthew