[Neuroimaging] nibabel question

Keren Meron keren.meron at mail.huji.ac.il
Sat Oct 14 12:42:55 EDT 2017

I have a Nifti object generated from a directory of dicom files. It seems
that the Nifti should know how many frames it holds, but all I can find in
the header info is the shape. The problem is, the shape is at times
(num_images, x, y) and at times (x, y, num_images).

The only nibabel functions I found relevant where from the Ecat library. I
am not familiar with ecat format, but I want my method to work for any nii
file. I am working with the nibabel library.

Is there a way to retrieve the number of images in a Nifti file?

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>