[Neuroimaging] [PySurfer] Display error: Black screen with sparse spots

ZUO, Nianming nmzuo at nlpr.ia.ac.cn
Fri Mar 17 08:29:49 EDT 2017

Dear All,

I have encountered a strange error when I run the demo plot_basics.py.
It prompts a show window but it is almost black with nothing except some white spots.
The attached is the snapshot (but I am not sure it could displayed in the mailing list).

My system is Ubuntu 14.04, Python 2.7.6, GCC 4.8.4, Mayavi 4.5.0,
The Mayavi itself can work successfully (with all GUI window and menus and functions)
I have tested in pysurfer (in the command with IPython 1.2.1-2  support ),
and in python command, both of them show the same window as the snapshot.

What's more, I have checkout (by git) several version, including the newest dev version, maint/0.7 and v0.6,
but without any success.

Could anyone give me some advice ?
Thanks,
Nicozuo