[Neuroimaging] JSON-LD and DICOM?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 12:36:12 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 5:31 PM, Chris Gorgolewski
<krzysztof.gorgolewski at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Doesn't the NIfTI JSON extension give you both, more or less?  You can
>> view with a text editor, and it keeps the data and metadata together.
>

> Maybe! Can I open a nifti file with notepad, atom, vim and see the header
> info? Is it at the beginning of the file or at the end (after the binary
> part)?

It's near the beginning - specifically, if it's the only extension
(which will usually be true), then it will start at byte 352 of the
file.   So yes, if you open the nifti file with a standard text
editor, as long as it doesn't try and force you into using a hex
display or something, you should see the header extension text on the
first screen.

Cheers,

Matthew