[Neuroimaging] JSON-LD and DICOM?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 10:15:33 EDT 2017

Hi Steve,

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Steve Pieper <pieper at isomics.com> wrote:
> To avoid repetition, I'll just point to my comments 3 years ago on this
> topic [1].  Since then we've continued to work on DICOM in research contexts
> [2] and we still think it's a neat idea.  The software is coming along
> nicely too [3].

I am sure there's a place for sticking entirely to DICOM, but, as you
know, nearly all standard imaging software reads and writes NIfTI, for
preference, and often only writes NIfTI.  So, a solution that works
with NIfTI is a lot closer to hand than switching to using DICOM at
all stages of processing.

Cheers,

Matthew