[Neuroimaging] [Dipy] Warnings when running free water model

Arnold Evia ajevia at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 23:11:21 EST 2017

Hello,

I am applying the free water dti model to my data, and receive the
following warnings:

/Users/arnoldevia/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/scipy/optimize/minpack.py:427:
RuntimeWarning: Number of calls to function has reached maxfev = 1800.
  warnings.warn(errors[info][0], RuntimeWarning)

/Users/arnoldevia/personal_programs/dipy/dipy/reconst/fwdti.py:454:
RuntimeWarning: overflow encountered in exp
  y = (1-f) * np.exp(np.dot(design_matrix, tensor[:7])) + \

The code I am using is essentially the same as the code used in the free
water model documentation.
What do these warnings mean, and what should I do to address them?
Please let me know if additional information is needed.

Thanks in advance!
-Arnold Evia