[Neuroimaging] Basic Nipype question

John Pellman john.samoylovich.pellman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 12:57:38 EST 2017

In general yes nodes do check if they have been successfully run, but the
accuracy of the checks depend upon how you've configured your nipype
installation / the nipype config you're using.  There are two methods that
a node uses to determine if it has already been run- hashing (slower but
more accurate) and timestamp (faster but much less accurate; easily
confused if your pipeline's sink directory is copied from one disk volume
to another without preserving timestamps).

See:
http://nipype.readthedocs.io/en/latest/users/config_file.html#execution
(under 'hash_method')
http://nipype.readthedocs.io/en/latest/users/debug.html (referenced in
point 7)

This isn't my line of work anymore so others in this group might be able to
answer your questions more effectively in the future (I just saw this in my
inbox and recognized it as a question I could answer based off previous
experience).  You might also want to check out https://neurostars.org/ as a
venue for getting nipype-related questions answered.