[Neuroimaging] Python 3 statement

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 23:27:05 EST 2016

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Ariel Rokem <arokem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I just learned about this statement this morning:
>
> http://www.python3statement.org/
>
> What do folks here think about this? Should we sign on to this?

Honestly, I suspect Chris is right, this is going to end in a world of
pain for us, if we drop 2.7 support before it has died a natural
death.   I doubt that we'd gain much either, because we'd have to
maintain a separate bug-fix only version for 2.7.

So I'd like to apply the same rules as we do for any other Python
version - when the cost of the features we are missing outweighs the
pain we're going to cause people by dropping the version, we drop the
version.

Cheers,

Matthew