[Neuroimaging] Fwd: [dipy] Issues trying to install dipy

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Mon May 23 18:19:57 EDT 2016

Hi there,
thank you Matthew and Ariel.

The link pointed by Ariel does not seem to be a solution; after having
installed MinGW, as suggested in the link and although I'm aware it might
be unnecessary, the Anaconda3 powershell still yields a similar error, now
pointing to MSVC (which I do not have on my system):

  File "C:\Anaconda3\lib\distutils\cygwinccompiler.py", line 157, in
__init__
    self.dll_libraries = get_msvcr()
  File "C:\Anaconda3\lib\distutils\cygwinccompiler.py", line 86, in
get_msvcr
    raise ValueError("Unknown MS Compiler version %s " % msc_ver)
ValueError: Unknown MS Compiler version 1900

I'll try to investigate further, and will let you know.

Kind regards,
JON HAITZ