[Neuroimaging] [DIPY] Setting up a platform for offline end-to-end quality assurance for DIPY

Eleftherios Garyfallidis garyfallidis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 16:08:35 EST 2016

The problem with using CircleCI is the memory restriction. I think it is
4GB. Please correct me if wrong.
Just some of the tractography files we load is of this size. Even for
running our doc examples we need more than 8 GB.

We need a machine that has 12-16GB of RAM. Or we need to refactor some of
the methods that require larger amounts of memory to use
memmaps or similar. But still 4GB will be a strong restriction. We are
often dealing with big datasets.

Ariel, as I said in my previous e-mail at this stage we need a machine to
process for 24 hours continuously and do that 1 to 2 times a week. But of
course if there are important
issues we will need to do that sooner. Also it would be good to have some
multiprocessing involved. The machine used should have multiple cores if
possible.
So, what do you think will be the logistics for that?

Also we need a system which will allow to report and send feedback after
the execution of the workflows. In a way Matthew has already setup some of
these things
in the Berkeley bots. I want to hear his opinion too on this.

I also like the idea of having a docker that can be moved anywhere.